We have a middle school process update!
We are just beginning the three year process of building our community middle school. We want to ensure that we keep you up to date with the process of the new middle school. One of the things we will be doing is having interviews about the process.
Here is a list of what we have completed thus far:
- Sale of Bond
- Philosophical discussion and initial design planning with stakeholders
- Educational Specifications (educational needs only)
- First meeting of the formal design team
- General Contractor / Construction Manager solicitation and application (GC/CM)
- GC/CM Interviews and Hiring
What is coming up in the near future as it relates to the public prior to building?
- Public open house for the schematic design phase (every other Tuesday in the MMS Library at 4:30)
- Student open forum(s)
- Survey of staff of other buildings
- Public historical survey and discussions with stakeholders during the design phase
Explanation of the GC/CM Process:
Explanation of the Design Process:
PARENT INFORMATION & REQUIRED NOTIFICATIONS HANDBOOK
CLICK HERE to view the 2014 - 2015 Parent Guide
In preparation for kindergarten, attached are Kindergarten Readiness Guidelines for parents to use to prepare your child for kindergarten. Help your child learn basic skills as they prepare to enter school!
Click here to view the Kindergarten Readiness Guidelines in Spanish.
The first day of school for students will be Wednesday, September 9, 2015. Attached you will find helpful information for the upcoming school year (under construction). We are excited and looking forward to a great 2015-2016 school year!